Bright Life Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Bright Life, a Roleplay Website based on the classic Sci-Fi Future world.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Even I'm Surprised.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Betwixt

Betwixt

Even I'm Surprised. Empty
PostSubject: Even I'm Surprised.   Even I'm Surprised. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 6:51 am

Iggy didn't like the wind. It smacked into him as he sat, minding his own business on the beach, as if the sand had suddenly transformed into a wind turbine. He tried to diminish the blows by turning his back to the water, but the coastal breezes were harsh in any condition. The lock of hair that hung over his light eyes whipped against his face. His tee shirt billowed, and then blew back against his body with a vengeance.

Frustrated, Iggy finally stood up, shoved his hands in his pockets, and stalked away to the shelter of a small, walled pavilion within a block or two of the sandy shore. He reached down to his sneakers and punched down two wheels on each shoe's sole, and skated the distance.

Once he reached the pavilion, he sat down at a bench and took a small electronic device out of his pocket. He punched in a password, and it unlocked with a ping. He navigated through the folders of the device until he found a file simply entitled:

Songs.

He opened it, and, with the help of a small stylus that he held like a pencil in his right hand, cycled through the many documents chock-full of inspiration in the form of lyrics. Some of them he had transformed into full-fledged songs, complete with guitar or piano, or perhaps both forms of accompaniment. Others, he was still ironing out. With the time he had, he figured he could work on those fledglings today.
Back to top Go down
KitzCat

KitzCat

PostSubject: Re: Even I'm Surprised.   Even I'm Surprised. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:26 am

The beach was boring to Autum, even though it was on Earth of all places. She was here for work on top of that, so she couldn't even enjoy her time her. Why in the world did her editor/boss want her to look here for a newstory instead of the bustling streets of the city? There was always a story there, all you had to do was walking into an electronic store or a bar of somesort.

Neitherless the girl found herself walking down the shore with the wind pushing her long brown hair back, if she wasn't working she'd jump in the water by now or would've sat down on a bench and let the sun soak in her skin.
Back to top Go down
Ciera800

PostSubject: Re: Even I'm Surprised.   Even I'm Surprised. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:19 pm

Ciera was strolling down the beach wearing a blue mini skirt and matching shortsleeved tee her hair free of anything her hand laced with an invisible one. a content look glazed over her eyes when suddenly she noticed someone a male down the beack. "Hi there!" she called.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fableheaven
Betwixt

Betwixt

PostSubject: Re: Even I'm Surprised.   Even I'm Surprised. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Iggy looked up, all of the alarms in his body sounding as not just one but two people approached. On top of that, they were girls. He ducked his head and sighed, recalling the inevitable ability that girls had to strike up conversations about, quite literally, nothing. Especially with uninterested parties like himself. But, for the sake of courtesy...

He looked back up. One of the girls, a brunette who looked blissfully distracted was still walking on the beach. She didn't seem to notice him at all. The other spotted him and called out, to which he responded with a brief nod. That was his idea of polite - a brief recognition. He looked back down at his PDA.
Back to top Go down
Ciera800

PostSubject: Re: Even I'm Surprised.   Even I'm Surprised. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:58 pm

ciera stopped in her tracks at his response, not because of how rude it was, no she was used to the, from nick, it was a couple of things, he acted like nick, she was at the place she first met nick and on top of it all he LOOKED like nick GEEZE! "W what's your name?" she asked staring out at the sunset.
Back to top Go down
KitzCat

KitzCat

PostSubject: Re: Even I'm Surprised.   Even I'm Surprised. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:50 pm

Sand got into Autum's shoes bugging her feet, so she slipped off the flats she was wearing. The sand felt better all around her feet rather than a grain or two in her shoes. Everything would have been perfect if she had brought along a bigger bag; then she could have slipped her shoes in there instead of carrying them with her left hand. It was pleasant at the beach otherwise, untill she heard someone--a female without a doubt attempting to converse with a quiet male. His response to her 'hello' was a breif noticable nod, then the girl seemed to ask if he was a particular person.

It was not in Autum's place to interupt their conversation, so she'd wait for a bit to figure out if they were friends and let each of them greet eachother; then she'd ask if they know anything interesting about the beach for her to write about. Her boss and teachers had often told her, 'The best way to get ideas for a story is to ask.'
Back to top Go down
Betwixt

Betwixt

PostSubject: Re: Even I'm Surprised.   Even I'm Surprised. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:54 pm

Iggy looked back up at the girl out of the corner of his eye. He hesitated. "Iggy," he finally replied, doing his best to look distracted. The sweet, sticky scent of ocean water was thick in the air, but it had a kind of cleansing quality about it. He sniffed, wondering if salt water did anything to help sinus headaches. Ancient old wives' tales spoke something of the sort, but everyone knew those were the stuff of foolishness.
Back to top Go down
KitzCat

KitzCat

PostSubject: Re: Even I'm Surprised.   Even I'm Surprised. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:06 pm

The male happened to be Iggy instead of Nick like the female wondered. She felt bad for the girl, cause if she was looking for someone and asking for a particular person she might be on a blind date, if people still did that kind of thing. Blind dating did sound a bit twenty-first centry-ish, way too old for Autum's comfort zone.

She wanted to wait a bit before intruding on the conversation, but her jacket she had drapped over her bag blew towards the group. Autum thus naturally ran for it and ended up catching right by the two people. "Yo," she said smiling in triuphm while attempting to pretend she wasn't as flustered as she was chasing her jacket. "I'm Autum and I'm looking for a news story, sorry for inturupting in such a, hmmm... what's the word?" She paused for a moment thinking of the corect adjective to use. Once she thought of something she snapped her fingers in satisfaction, "Haphazardly! That's it! Sorry for inturupting in a haphazardly way!"
Back to top Go down
Ciera800

PostSubject: Re: Even I'm Surprised.   Even I'm Surprised. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Ciera smiled kindly and nodded at the flustered girl "it's okay happens all the time." Ciera said before turning to Iggy "oh sorry you looked like someone i knew," she said before falling silent.
Back to top Go down
Betwixt

Betwixt

PostSubject: Re: Even I'm Surprised.   Even I'm Surprised. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 7:57 am

Iggy looked up at the girl, the one who had been previously walking on the beach. He fidgeted with the stylus locked in his grip, twirling it between his long fingers. He bent down and scooped her jacket up with his free hand and handed it to her. "It's okay," he said in response to both girls' apologies. To the brunette, he said, "Good luck with your story. But you won't find one with me." He turned his attention back to his PDA.
Back to top Go down
Ciera800

PostSubject: Re: Even I'm Surprised.   Even I'm Surprised. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Ciera smiled to herself. as she plopped down a few feet away curling her fist into balls and sighed she knew the truth about nick and was slowly accepting it, but having a look alike wouldn't help that. "Today starts the first day of my single days without nick truly," Ciera whispered a vow to nick right there.
Back to top Go down
Betwixt

Betwixt

PostSubject: Re: Even I'm Surprised.   Even I'm Surprised. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Iggy cast a sideways glance at the girl who was muttering to herself and clenching her fists in the corner. "Er, yeah," he said, standing up and kicking the skates of his shoes down. He shrugged in a self-dismissive way. "Good luck with your story," he said, and shoved his device in his pocket as he skated back down the path to the beach.

Once back on the sandy shore, he took his shoes off and hid them behind a bush. He walked a short distance to a small jetty of rocks and climbed atop the largest one, balancing on the water-worn surfaces until he reached the end. On the furthest rock, he sat down and stuck his feet in the water, staring out at the never-ending horizon.
Back to top Go down
Ciera800

PostSubject: Re: Even I'm Surprised.   Even I'm Surprised. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Ciera sighed and wadded into the water until it lapped her neck furiously. "Todays a new beggening for me, i'll find a fresh start...somhow," Ciera swore as the water lapped over her head for a thrilling second.
Back to top Go down
KitzCat

KitzCat

PostSubject: Re: Even I'm Surprised.   Even I'm Surprised. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:15 am

The light black jacket felt good in Autum's hands again. She loved the soft, yet strong quality of it. It was made of some sort of new cloth, poly-somethin'. She slid it on, while listening quietly. Normally she'd love to do the talking, but today she was working. The male seemed studious and wished her luck with her story. Rather a poliet quiet gentleman. The girl seemed down, saddened. Hoping for someone to come or for her to just see. Autum wanted to comfort her, but she didn't know how. To be honest when she was younger she used to be asked out often, but she never commited to having a boyfriend or having a crush. Her theory was that he'd want to stay on the moon, like most of her class did. She wanted to get away from it all, so she didn't bother with guys.

After the male was down aways, Autum realized she forgot to say thanks to him. "Yo! What's your name!" She shouted at the quiet man. "Thanks for saying, 'Good luck' and handing me my jacket!" It would be bad if she didn't say so, afterall the guy had manners; she should have some too.

The girl did look really down, she made her way to the water and went in till it was up to her neck. Autum knew she should take out her own personal recording and writing device and get to work with her story, but she had a feeling to see what was up with this girl--even though it was none of her concern. Autum headed down closer to the water to the point where the gentle waves barely made contact with her toes. She would've gone out farther, if she knew how to swim. "HEY!" she yelled. "YOU OKAY?!"
Back to top Go down
Ciera800

PostSubject: Re: Even I'm Surprised.   Even I'm Surprised. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:32 am

Ciera tried to block out the noise from the girl why did everyone worry about her she didn't need the petty concerns she just needed nick but she knew that would never happen she took one final look up at the sky and sighed. "I'll love you forever nick belles, i promise, nbut i will honor your wish and re marry one day..." Ciera swore as a tidal wave crashed over her head for a thrilling minute and once it left she walked back toward shore. (I was gonna have Nick survive but red says we can't have married charries from one person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even I'm Surprised.   Even I'm Surprised. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Even I'm Surprised.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bright Life Roleplay :: Roleplay :: Roleplay World :: Earth :: The Beach-
Jump to: